BIGEN Africa is a highly successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy group, with 450+ staff and operations in South Africa and seven surrounding countries. Customers include national and regional governments, utilities and commercial groups. The company is one of South Africa’s Top 500 Best Managed and invests in training and technology to maintain the highest levels of customer service.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The BTO has embarked on a project to develop and implement a computer-based Accommodation Facilities Grading System.
This is a centralised enterprise level system that allows controlled access for different role players, within the BTO, to perform relevant tasks in the grading process. Facilities are also given access to the system’s Self-Service Portal to submit applications for grading, submit queries, and also update their facility’s information.
The BTO’s objectives with the system are to improve customer service to accommodation facilities by bringing efficiencies into the grading process.
By introducing the new system, the BTO is doing away with:
- Paper-based facility assessments
- Manual calculations of assessment grading scores
- Manual filing of documentation
- General delays in information processing
The system has the following capabilities:
- Automation of all process workflows to enable:
- Scheduling the assessments of accommodation facilities by authorised assessors
- Completion of assessments electronically on mobile devices
- Generation of detailed assessments reports
- Automatic calculation of grading assessment scores
- Review by Quality Services Committee
- Awarding of star rating as well as communication letters and reports to facilities.
- Facility Assessments are enabled on standard mobile devices
- Grading standards and criteria are digitised on mobile templates
- Facility physical addresses, contact information, map location etc. are all available on the mobile devices for the field assessors
- GPS coordinates are captured for facilities
- Photos can be taken and uploaded against individual items on the grading criteria
- Transactional information is fully auditable to micro level detail including user names, date & time stamps and GPS coordinates
- The mobile devices are capable of working in an off-line mode where data connectivity is not available.
- A Customer Portal made available for facilities to:
- Submit applications for grading
- Log queries and complaints
- Update their facility’s information
- Track progress of their queries & applications
- Receive outbound communication from the Botswana Tourism Organisation (in addition to custom system generated emails & messages)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Geo-based planning & reporting: Assessors and facilities can be geo-located for display on geographic maps
- Geographic Maps of facilities are categorised by the awarded grade which is accessible to the public
- Electronic communication with field resources to track and map completed work, as well as tracking overall progress – saving time and communication costs.
- Accurate data capturing & scoring
- Improve the turn-around time and accuracy of the grading process
- Better customer service from BTO when dealing with queries
- Reduced administration effort for generation of assessment reports and related costs through a paperless system
- Regular & seamless electronic communication between facilities and BTO.
The system went live in July 2016.
If you require further information or have any queries, you can contact:
Project Champion : Joyce Morontshe +267 3913111
Project Manager : Morongwa Koontse +267 3913111
System Administrator : Christopher Maretele +267 3913111
Project Team : email@example.com