Will I need to make any capital investment in order to use Forcelink™?
No. Forcelink™ is a fully hosted solution which eliminates the need for you to have to purchase and host your servers and databases. The system may require a desktop/laptop for back-office users, and a mobile phone for field users.
5 points you need to consider when purchasing devices for your field workers working with Forcelink?
You have recently implemented Forcelink as the field service solution tool for your business, all that you still require are devices for your workforce to utilize within the field. What are the requirements for devices if you want to field workers to be able to work optimally?
Here are 5 things that you should know with regards to mobile devices that work best with our field service solution, Forcelink:
- Ensure that the device is capable of accessing the internet. While Forcelink is capable of working in an offline mode, there are certain functionalities that require internet access for the transferring of data that is captured.
- The Forcelink application can be used on devices running Android 5.0: lollipop or higher. Forcelink is available on the Google Play Store. Forcelink for iOS is currently under development and will be available soon.
- Forcelink is best used with a device that is GPS ready. As a field service solution, allowing your back office staff the ability to dispatch field workers using GPS coordinates can be quite key (depending on whether this is something that you require).
- Device storage. Ensure that the device has sufficient memory, this may vary from client to client given the modules and use cases that your business requires. However, we recommend devices have upwards of 4GB RAM. This allows field workers the ability to have other apps running concurrently while using Forcelink.
- Need your field workers to capture photographs to substantiate materials or additional work requirement? We suggest that your device has a camera, preferably with autofocus to assist your fieldworkers.
Already purchased mobile devices that may not have all of the above? Not all is lost. Get in touch with one of our trusted support team members to determine the requirements for your field service solution. At Acumen Software we are all about finding solutions that are tailored to your business and our support team will guide you through the requirements specific to your business.
What are the minimum system requirements needed for my back office to use Forcelink™?
You will require an entry-level personal computer with Microsoft Windows, an internet browser as well as an internet connection.
What industry sector does Forcelink™ target?
Forcelink™ targets any sector that contains businesses where resources are deployed to the field to perform work.
Can you interface Forcelink™ to other back-office applications?
Forcelink™ is designed to easily interface to other back-office applications, such as Accounting, Materials Management, Planned Maintenance systems, ERP solutions, device monitoring systems (such as IoT, etc). Contact your local Forcelink™ partner or Forcelink™ Solutions for more information.
Can you create functionality on Forcelink™ specific to my business?
Much of Forcelink’s behaviour can be modified with the rules and functionality, whereby users can enable/disable each rule or change its parameters. We try not to modify Forcelink™ to adapt to the operational requirements of any one industrial sector or business, but attempt to keep it as flexible as possible. If you have thoughts or suggestions that would help make your operations more efficient, and if this can be generalised to assist other Forcelink™ subscribers you can submit your request using our “Future New Features” page. We will review your request and place it on our website for other users to rate.
Does Forcelink™ cater for localisation?
Forcelink™ is designed for localisation, allowing it to be translated to local languages as required.