Students Wanted For Part-Time Work
Acumen Software (Pty) Ltd is a solutions company with offices in Johannesburg and Stellenbosch and intends launching a platform for Citizens (My Smart City) to log and track issues with their local Municipality and at a later stage, procure private services.
My Smart City is a citizen Platform (Android, IOS, and Web) that allows citizens to engage service providers in their city. This includes; Municipal Services, Emergency Services, Private Services, and events.
Phase 1 of this solution will be launched in Johannesburg and Cape Town at the end of June 2021 and will enable citizens to log and report issues and/or faults to their local municipality via a user-friendly map interface. The reported issue/fault will be routed to the respective Municipality for resolution. My Smart City will track progress and keep citizens updated accordingly until the issue has been resolved.
Acumen Software is seeking the assistance from Students on a part time basis to validate My Smart City’s functionality prior to its launch in June.
Each Student will be assigned a specific geographic area to inspect and log relevant issues. The following performance criteria is expected from each part time student:
• Must attend a 4 hour training session on My Smart City using Microsoft Teams
• Must be available to log issues for 5 days over a 2 week period
• Will be required to work for 4 hours on each scheduled day
• A minimum of 8 issues to be logged per hour (32 calls per day)
• Must adhere to the prescribed routes as a minimum
• A reasonable geographic spread of issues logged to be achieved in the assigned geographic area.
• Photographic evidence of each issue logged will must be captured
There is a requirement that the My Smart City App and Acumen’s Forcelink product be downloaded onto each part time students Smart Phone. Forcelink will enable Acumen to roster shifts and track each person’s movement during their allocated shift time. This information will be used to validate the physical location of calls recorded on My smart City.
The following geographic areas will be targeted for this exercise:
• Montague Gardens
• Table View
• Durbanville CBD
• Hout Bay
• Muizenberg CBD
• Belville CBD
• Cape Town CBD
• Johannesburg Central
• Johannesburg South
• Orange Farm
Each Student will be assigned to either 1 or 2 of the above locations. Acumen will use Forcelink to assign prescribed routes each day and schedule your work time.
The following are pre-requisites to qualify:
• You must have your own transport
• You must have your own iOS or Android smart phone with a battery life of at least 4 hours.
• The smart phone must have a camera capable of taking clear photographic evidence.
• You must have sufficient data available for remote connectivity during your allocated shift times.
Compensation will be as follows: (subject to Acumen’s validation of the quantity and quality of issues logged):
• Hourly rate: R150 per hour
• Issues to be logged per hour: Eight (8)
• Number of days required: 5 Days over a 2 week period
• Period Required: Between 14 June and 27 June 2021
• Total compensation for the 40 hours + 4 hours training. R3600.
• A bonus of R1500 payable to the student that logs the most valid issues over the duration of his/her assignment.
• Students will be required to fund their own fuel and air time.
Students are invited to apply for the above position by sending the information set out below to the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Contact number
4. Email address
5. Physical home address
6. Confirmation that you have your own vehicle
7. ID number
8. Type of Smart Phone to be used
9. Dates that you are available during the month of June 2021 (can include weekends).
10. Indicate willingness to work night shifts to record street light outages
11. Preferred areas to be assigned (not guaranteed).